Thursday, March 8, 2012

KNOTS

Who knew a braiding lesson would take three hours? I sure didn't.
A good half of the day was on nothing but braiding. It felt a little awkward that I was one of the only girls in the room, if not *the* only girl that just knew that standard braid.

But, things were eventually learned and I feel accomplished. We covered:

Fishtail Braid
Standard 3-Strand Braid
Invisible Braid (AKA French Braid)
Underbraid
Cornrows
4-Strand Braid
5-Strand Braid as Bonus Round


We also focused on French Twists, but sadly I don't have a picture of my finished one. Mainly because I was on the verge of tears on that thing. It was such a mess and it was so hard to do.

After the French Twist Fiasco, it was time for a challenge. A lot of people were having issues, but for some reason I was able to have a lot of fun with this. It was odd that I could get this down, but not the French Twist.

Students all over the school were saying that the infamous Finger Wave was going to make us all cry. I'm a total sucker for fashion of the 1920s up to the 50s; so being in love with such a style made me excited to do such a thing.

It's not done yet, but it will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment